June 28, 2010

England Bound


Pat left for England last Friday...I hate when he leaves, but thank goodness for g-chat/video. It's almost as good as the real thing (as you can see from this picture!). Since his phone doesn't work over there we have a schedule: we chat every evening, 11pm his time and 6pm my time. Thank goodness for technology!


Pat's adventures so far:

-Jet lag hit him pretty hard.
-He said that England is like the states but just little things are off, like the name brand products are different, the cars are different, and everyone drives on the "WRONG" side of the road (Of course American's drive on the correct side of the road...hahha)


-Pat has spent a lot of time with Nathan's family, which he says are the nicest people. He did try to impress them with his British accent but they just laughed at him. Then they tried to impress him with their American accent's, which was like a California Valley Girl.



-He went into this Medieval Chapel which was the oldest place he had ever been in.


-On the first day there he went into town with Nathan's family. The town looks so quaint.


I wish I could be there.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it!! How great! I wish I could be there, too! Not with Pat, obviously, but just there, exploring! What an exciting time for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Why is he in England?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is there for an Advertising Award Ceremony that he is nominated for. We will find out if he won anything tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Pat's wife you should be invited to accept the award with him. I'm sure he couldn't have done it without you! I would love to visit England and use my accent. That sounds like absolute fun to me!

    P.S. This is the same Alyssa/Jo you know. I'm logged on with my work account and I don't feel like logging in and out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He left you in New York City by yourself?! You must be dying!!!!! I could not even imagine. Being left in So. Cal is one thing... but this is entirely another!! Holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome!! I would love to visit there, especially with a local who knows their way around. I just love listening to that accent, so to hear everyone talking like that would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...