February 22, 2011

Weekend, we will miss you...

This past President's weekend was quite spectacular for it's lazy day's and casual happenings.

Friday night we spent the evening watching the 2008 movie Fireproof, with the 1980's hearth-throb Kirk Cameron. We ordered the movie from Netflix after someone mentioned it in a church talk. It was a low budget film; however, grossed way more than many blockbuster hits of the year. It sounded intriguing so we had to see what all the "hype" was about. Knowing that Kirk Cameron is now a hardcore Jesus fan and that the movie's rating is PG, I had a pretty good idea what we were in for. However, despite the poor acting, I really enjoyed the movie's message. It was so refreshing to watch such an uplifting movie, even though it was a bit corny.

Saturday was a treat as we easily slept in until noon. We really enjoy sleeping in on weekends, knowing someday those lazy mornings will come to an end; however, NOON is really late for us. We enjoyed the day roaming the city and eating out, just like the old days when we first came to NYC. The night ended with a fun post-Valentines day party at a friends house, which included yummy treats, games and A LOT of fun. Patrick and I even won the grand prize for the "Newly-Wed Game"... "Groundhogs Day" DVD, a movie which I love!!

Sunday was filled with the usual church, visiting teaching, couch-naps, Netflix instant-play movies, America's Funniest Home Videos, homemade 4 oz chocolate chip cookies (I am totally addicted), and reading. Yes, it was a good day.

I love long weekends because the pressure of fitting everything into Saturday and Sunday fades, and I am finally able to REALLY enjoy my weekend. Monday was great with yet another morning filled with only one thing--sleeping. We spent day relaxing and roaming the cold and windy city making our way to lunch and a the movie Unknown.

Even though this weekend will most likely fade from our memory because of its "everyday" nature, I wanted to make sure it was recorded because the "everyday" days are what makes life so great. I only wish every Monday could be President's day.

5 comments:

  1. I love your description of Fireproof. That's exactly what I would say- super cheesy and super religious but so very very good. Glad you guys got to have such a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I REALLY miss sleeping in past 7:30!! Let's come switch places for a bit! Enjoy those days while you can, before you have a little one screaming to be up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I am also relishing the days I get to sleep in because i know they are numbered! Someday we will have kids waking us up at the crack of dawn. Your weekend sounded very similar to ours, casual and chill and just nice!

    Okay and Klane ended up getting back from swimming with the scouts at 10:30 pm, so I am glad you went ahead and watched the movie without us. And i have to tell you a funny thing. When you first texted me "we are going to watch a movie with kirk cameron, want to come?" i was kind of retarded and i couldn't figure out if you meant you were watching a movie with him in it or if you were going to some special screening and he would actually be there. Hahahaha. It was the end of a long week and I was tired. And hey, this is NYC, anything is possible! After a minute or so of thinking it out, I decided that you must have meant you were watching a movie with him in it, not going to watch a movie sitting next to him. haha. I struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahhaha ANGIE! That is hilarious! Oh how I can only dream of watching a movie with Kirk Cameron by my side! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend, and I really like that you recorded it. Like you said, it is the "everyday" things are what make our lives so great.

    I'm very impressed with your sleeping in til noon. I always imagine NYC as so noisy that it would be tough to sleep in ever!

    P.S. Your documenting of eating 4oz cookies isn't helping my "eating well" plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...