October 30, 2009

"Who he was"

Before I married Pat I used to tell people : "I love him for who he was, who he is, and who he will become." That statement still holds true today, but this post is dedicated to that "who he was" part of him that I love so dearly.

It is 1am and I can't sleep. After I raided the fridge and still did not feel tired I turned to my obvious and always reliable midnight companion, my computer. I became sentimental (something I rarely am) when I came across Patrick's childhood photos.

I can only imagine the sweet and funny boy Pat must have been. I wish I could go back in time and watch him for just a day. I would love to see how he played with his friends and toys, what he played with, and to give him a big hug and kiss. He is just so cute to me!! Don't you agree!?


I can't wait until I can have little Patricks running around.

3 comments:

  1. Of course, you can see why he had me wrapped around his little finger from the very start--and still does!!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bottom picture! He looks so mischievous. By the way, Matt and I moved because our house was condemned. I miss you - let's catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. You are so true on wanting to go back in time and watch our spouses for a day. I would kill to see Sean as a toddler. I think it would explain alot. you are sweet. Pat is lucky to have you as well. And as a side note, if Pat could go back in time to when you were younger, I don't know if he would recover from the tantrums you used to throw!Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...