Today we set out to the Brooklyn Flea Market on one of the hottest days of the summer. The weatherman said it would feel like 105...and that it did. After having a difficult time getting to Brooklyn, because some someway stations were closed, we were a little pooped once we got there—the heat was sucking all our energy right out of us with amazing speed.
The flea market was great. Basically it is a combination between a glorified thrift store (which is my favorite) and a "hipster" art fair. For those of you who don't know who or what hipsters are...
"Hipster is a slang term used to describe types of young, recently-settled urban middle class adults and older teenagers with interests in non-mainstream fashion and culture."

The flea market had tons of cool stuff. We didn't buy anything, but I know we will go back when it isn't so hot.



Your posts have been making me laugh out loud recently. You insert these funny little comments and I love em!
ReplyDeleteI hope the heat lets up a little - the humidity + high temps are BRUTAL.
I feel so educated. Now I know what a hipster is. Thank you. I will use it today in conversation.
ReplyDeleteI always feel like NY wouldn't get too hot. You have ruined my naive and somewhat idiotic perspective.
I've always wanted to go. It looks so fun! And I love that photo of the row houses and the classic car. Awesome!
ReplyDelete