Living in the city can be a bit claustrophobic at times. People that live here are always talk about "getting out of the city" and often leave during holidays when the tourists come in full swing.
Pat and I have been feeling this need to "get out" for a while now, so we decided to take advantage of the long weekend and spend at day enjoying the destinations outside the city.
Pat had several destinations in mind this weekend, so all I had to do was jump on the motorcycle and enjoy the ride, while Pat took care of the rest. Our first destination was Bear Mountain, a state park upstate. It took about an hour to an hour an half to drive up there. I am not sure how long it would normally take, but since we weren't the only ones with the idea of getting out of the city, we saw a lot of this...
Pat and I have been feeling this need to "get out" for a while now, so we decided to take advantage of the long weekend and spend at day enjoying the destinations outside the city.
Pat had several destinations in mind this weekend, so all I had to do was jump on the motorcycle and enjoy the ride, while Pat took care of the rest. Our first destination was Bear Mountain, a state park upstate. It took about an hour to an hour an half to drive up there. I am not sure how long it would normally take, but since we weren't the only ones with the idea of getting out of the city, we saw a lot of this...
but thank goodness for motorcycles because we did a lot of this...
which cut out time in half.
Once we go to Bear Mountain we walked around a lake and enjoyed the smells and sounds of nature.
The park was really smart to strategically place ice cream machine dispensers throughout the park. We enjoyed a few ice creams to cool us off from the summer heat.
After Bear Mountain we drove to a well known outlet mall called Woodbury Commons. This mall was HUGE and had every store you could imagine. I am glad we took a motorcycle here, because if not it would have been hard to resist all the amazing deals. We knew that everything we bought had to fit into an already half full backpack, so we had to be very selective...thank goodness for our bank acounts sake.
The day was fun, but exhausing. Shopping and riding a motorcycle really takes the energy out of you. But after a good nights rest, we are ready to do it again.



No comments:
Post a Comment