September 25, 2012

Exotic New Jersey



This past weekend I headed to New Jersey to spend a few days with my besty, Meghan. We don't get to see each other often so I was really excited to be able to catch up and spend some down time with her and her family. 

Her parents moved back to NJ a few years ago (Meghan moved from NJ to CA in 7th grade) and bought an awesome house next to an inlet. They are literally one house away from the water, which was amazing. Being so close to the water caused there to be a constant cool breeze throughout the home, making me feeling like I was at a beach house somewhere exotic. It was so relaxing and such a treat. 

Because I am 38 weeks pregnant everyone was on pins and needles thinking that I was going to go into labor at any time. It was very funny. Meghan even came and woke me up during the night because she thought she heard me groaning, but she said it "must have been a bird." hahahhahaha 

We spent a lot of time with her family, which I am so grateful they let me impose upon, relaxing, taking car rides (Meghan's favorite past time), eating, walking the Asbury boardwalk, sitting on the beach and watching the Emmy's. I was so mad I didn't bring my "real" camera and just brought my point and shoot because I feel like I wasn't able to capture the beauty of the weekend very well, but these will have to do. 

View from their home








The Lane Girls

Kathy, Meghan's mom, holds the record at this pinball machine for best score for someone over 50. Way to go Kathy!

Meghan's little sister, Taryn, and her friend Kate. 

For some reason this scene of Meghan watching the Emmy's made me crack up.



1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I tried writing on your post about your sweet kitty but it kept kicking me off. I feel for you in that tough decision. It's one you never want to make. I'm glad you found a great home for Montee. You have been fabulous parents to him and I feel privileged having met him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...