
On Friday, June 26th, Pat and I were just walking by and happened to see a natural phenomenon—Mammatus clouds. At the time I didn't know what was happening and even got a bit scared for the end of the world. The whole sky was filled with jelly fish like clouds that seemed to be alive in some fashion. Everyone was stopping and staring as well.
However, the next day I found out that it was a mammatus cloud which are often indicative of a particularly strong storm (we had one earlier that day) or maybe even a tornadic storm. They tend to form more often during warm months and over the midwest and eastern portions of the United States.
The next day there were also a tons of pictures uploaded from the event on Flickr.com. Here is one that really displays that craziness of it all.

Nice clouds! Nice #FFF BG!
ReplyDelete