Another advantage to living at home is being able to see my Grandma a lot more. She lives less than a mile away and so I am able to see her a few times a week.
The thing that I love most about my Grandma is how witty she is. Even at 93 (soon to be 94) she is able to roll with the best of them and always keeps you on your toes. She cracks me up.
I thought since we are leaving to go back east soon and I wont be able to see her for a few year, I would take advantage and have a little photo shoot.
My grandma was a cracking me up during the photo shoot. She was coming up with all kinds of poses that really worked well. She could have been a model.
My grandma used to be a real hottie (and still is). I think this photo captures her youthful spirit.
With a picture like this, I can't believe she is 93 years old. Look at her kind eyes.
My grandma and mom really don't like this photo because the black and white effect really bring out my grandma's wrinkle. However, this is one of my favorites because I think wrinkles are absolutely beautiful–they are a badge of ones experiences in life that one should be proud to wear. As a society are so obsessed with looking young. Why would you want to hide the physical traces of experiences in life that make you who you are? I want to age with pride.







Your grandma is adorable Linz!! Those pictures are beautiful!! I can totally see you in her. I love witty but sweet older ladies...I hope I'm that cool and cute when I'm in my 90s!! Congrats to Pat (and you) on the job! Sounds like it will be an awesome experience. Although I am sad to lose you to the east coast...my hopes for a reunion are going down the drain!! ;) Love ya tons! Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeleteLindsay I LOVE THESE SO SO MUCH. They remind me of my grandma Barbara, who lived with us towards the end of her life and had Alzheimer's. If I had been better with a camera back then, I would have done this exact same thing. Grandmas are so important. And your grandma is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteWow! She really is beautiful. The photos are wonderful and I really enjoyed this post. Congrats on the new job....you guys always seem to be on adventure. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. You are a natural photographer. I enjoyed seeing her through a different light. good job.
ReplyDeleteLINDS! These photos are absolutely beautiful and priceless! You will treasure these, especially after your grandma isn't around anymore. (But she looks so great, I wouldn't be surprised if she's sticking around for a while longer!) I especially love the one of her putting on earrings. Ahhh you're such an amazing photographer!
ReplyDeleteSister! Beautiful pictures and beautiful grandma! I bet you had a great time taking them.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THESE! so beautiful. what a fun shoot.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking such great photos. I love her so much and I think you did a great job capturing her beauty. Well done.
ReplyDelete