January 4, 2011

What would you do with $330 Million?

(Picture taken from this amazing photographer's blog)

Tonight is New York's third largest Mega Millions jackpot ever since New York joined the multi-state game in 2002. The jackpot is now up to $330 million...

Ever since I heard about this massive jackpot, I have been thinking about what I would do with that kind of money. It is a really fun thought, and I get all gitty just pretending.

Here is what I would do:

1. I would buy a house in the West Village

2. I would pay off our school loans (obviously) and all my families debt and mortgages

3. I would go on a month long Safari Trip in South Africa

4. Buy the nicest camera and lenses money can buy, and take some photography classes

5. Buy an International Scout and a Cafe Racer for Patrick

6. Hirer a cook.

7. Have babies!

I think that is a pretty conservative list, but then again maybe $330 Million isn't enough!

I had a fun day at work asking my co-workers what they would do; it was fun to hear all the different responses. So now I ask you the same question:


What would you do with $330 Million?


Perhaps I will add some of your ideas to my list as well, because I know this is a really constructive way to spend our time. I mean the chances of you winning the Jackpot is ONLY 1 in 175,711,536, it could happen. With those odds, I just might buy a ticket.

4 comments:

  1. I would buy the same house! I love the west village and always say if I hit the jackpot I will buy a place juse like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, that was so weird... when I read this earlier today, I saw the picture and I thought, "Hey, I know that house! I wonder where she got the picture." But I was on the train so I didn't click on the link to find out where you got it. So I just barely clicked it and I was like, "Oh, I took that!" Hahaha. Wow. I don't even know my own photos.

    Hmmmm... most of your list would be my list too. I would DEFINITELY get a really nice camera... like a Canon 5d Mark II or something.... and a lot of L series lenses. And I would stop working and have babies. And I would buy a house in Utah. A house with a washer and dryer. And a large kitchen. And we would travel to Europe, and other exotic places. And I would go out and buy a ton of shoes and clothes and have an awesome wardrobe. Sigh..... I need to stop thinking about this, it is making me sad. Haha.

    Oh, one constructive, non-selfish thing I would do: I would try to use a bunch of the money to somehow stop genocide in Africa (we just watched Hotel Rwanda and it made me so sad that I am powerless to do anything to stop things like that from going on).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, I think I would stay on the UES. I really like it. Plus you can get alot more space for the money!! I think I'd go townhouse with a roofdeck, 6 stories near Central Park. Yep, that sounds good.

    Then I'd fill it with pretty furniture and a robot that controls everything in the house.

    sounds good. sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On top of the basics like a comfortable house, a good car, a life time supply of cookies, and help for my loved ones, I would fill my house with art, build a studio tree house, buy a banjo and banjo lessons, and then spend weeks researching charities, give big chunks of change to homeless dudes, and give really big tips at restaurants.

    I have very little concept of how far that much money will stretch. Maybe Andy and I would never have to work anymore unless we chose to?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...