April 27, 2011

My Walk to Work

With the warmer weather my commute to work has become much cheaper and MUCH more enjoyable. Since I find it hard to exercise, I decided that the only way I would do it is if I integrated it into one of my daily routines--going to and from work.

I live about 3 miles from my work and if I take the subway it takes me 30 minutes. If I walk I can make it to work in 45 minutes. It is amazing that it is only a 15 minute difference. So that is what I have been doing as of late and it has made all the difference in my enjoyment of life.

I never cease to be amazed of the beautiful city that I am so lucky to live in. Everyday I am able to walk by world renowned museums, architecture and beauty. People come from all over the world to see this city at least once in their lives, when I am so lucky to see it everyday.

I think of of my favorite things to see when I walk to work are all the happy people with their dogs in Central Park. I can't believe how many dogs are in this city and how they ALL come out to play when the weather gets nice.

I took some pictures of what I see on my walk to work. It is pretty spectacular since I am able to see an array of things from the Guggenheim to seals.










6 comments:

  1. Whoa, Lindsay! I was not prepared for how great these pictures are. I LOVE the first one. Also, how did you find a squirrel perched perfectly on a fence? Who are you? I'm surprised it doesn't take you a few hours to get there with all the sights you see on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walk is making my life more enjoyable, too! Great photos. Have you ever considered a squirrel as a pet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why yes Amanda, indeed I have. hahaha Here is the deal with squirrels, they bond to only one person and are mean to everyone else. So that really doesn't work...hah I am glad you asked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so so so so very jealous.
    The NYC blog stalker,
    Tricia Hicks
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful commute! I love all the pictures. You and Angie make NYC seem so fresh and clean. (I am a bit doubtful it's just as lovely as your pictures...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! These are great photos. You are so lucky you get to walk such a lovely route to work! This makes me sad that I just moved away from my walking route... I might have to reconsider how I get to work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...