August 1, 2011

Goodbye Parties

I love Brooklyn, so when there is any excuse to go there I am thrilled. However, two going away parties for Pat's work buddies, are not just "any excuse," it is a fabulous reason to explore the other bouroughs of NYC. 

On Saturday, we woke up once again craving Panera Bread. I just can't get enough of the ambiance of "normal life" and their soup bread bowls—a killer combination in my book. Once again we spent the afternoon chatting and enjoying feeling like "normal" people as we ate our lunch at Panera. I could really see this becoming our weekend tradition.

After spending our afternoon in Queens, we would have enjoyed getting lost on our motorcycle, as we tried to make our way down to Brooklyn, if it wasn't so hot. It was HOT. We had to make a stop at Walgreens and stock up on Gatorade so we wouldn't pass out. After getting lost for a few hours, we finally found Prospect Park, where "Goodbye Party #1" was being held.

Pat's past Creative Director, Simon, is moving to England for a job opportunity. Pat had the opportunity of working with Simon for only a few very short months, which was a major bummer for Pat since he enjoyed working with him so much. Hopefully, someday they will be able to work together again.

Pat and Simon
Simon chasing his daughter, Ivy, this is what I did the majority of the time as well.
Ivy once again. I really took a liking to her.


After "Goodbye Party #1" we headed to another part of Brooklyn for "Goodbye Party #2", another one of Pat's co-workers was leaving and moving to L.A. We enjoyed amazing food on a roof deck that had a great view of Manhattan.

After the party Pat dropped one of his friends off on his motorcycle, while I walked through the Carol Gardens/Park Slope area of Brooklyn. The tree lined streets were so quiet. It was weird not to hear the buzz of traffic and still be NYC. I love it there.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are simply wonderful! That front door in the dusk is vibrant and awesome. I love how going to a chain restaurant qualifies as a welcome dose of "normal life." You are so spoiled to live in Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH. I just saw your new blog header. WHAT THE??!! How did you do that? Why don't you mention these things? I LOVE IT SO MUCH WHOA WHOA WHOA.

    p.s. I was originally commenting to tell you I love your pictures, especially doorway with the one leaf on the bottom step. But I love them all. You always give me good ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...