September 21, 2011

DIY {Interactive Pull-tab Invitation}

I am planning a baby shower. My second one ever. I was pretty nervous for the first baby shower I threw, but this time I have a experience, a partner and pinterest. What more could a girl need? The whole planning process has been really fun and I can't wait for the actual event.

We decided on a sailboat theme, and through doing internet and pinterest research, I finally stole enough ideas from other people to come up with this interactive-pull-tab invitation.

It was so fun and easy to create and I loved the results. Hopefully it was a little more fun to receive than a normal invite.

Here are the steps:

1. Digitally design card and all elements to get proper measurements (hardest part).
2. Print and cut out page elements
3. Cut slit in paper where moving element is going to be placed
4, 5, 6. Place moving element in slit
7. Stick double sided tape on sides and bottom to cover up slit. Do not place tap on top where element will move
8. Place whatever is going to be covering the slit on top of the slit
9. Tip to fit card
10, 11. Can cut out a half circle where tab pokes out to make it easier to grab
12. Stick double sided tape on back of card and place back cover, which will cover the slit on back of paper and act as a border
13, 14, 15. Pull, Pull, Pull and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. so cute linz! quit being so creative!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...