December 10, 2009

Hearts All a Glow <3

Last night I was catching up on my favorite blogs and I stumbled upon this post. I have seen pictures like this in the past but just thought it was a photoshop filter. I had no idea that it could be something so simple as cutting out a piece of paper.


So right then and there I had to do it. I left Pat at home (he didn't want to face the cold) and I headed to Center Street in Provo. However, I found out that Christmas light didn't always work. This filter thing works on lights that are big or closer up. Small lights (like Christmas lights) didn't work very well. It may have to do with the size of the heart I cut out. I will have to test it out sometime. It also took me a few tries to realize you have to manually move the lens so the picture is out of focus—this is when the hearts appear.



Pat was smart in staying home. After only about 5 minutes outside my fingers started to freeze (it REALLY hurt). Since my experiment wasn't really working the way I inteaded, I took off the "heart filter" and snapped a few shots of the lights.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! That is such a cool idea. I might have to follow that blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post on my blog, it comforted me =)

    I'm so glad you did this because I was thinking about how cool it would be to try it when I read her blog post but it still seemed hard to me for some reason. You're great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... how did the present turn out so magnificently then?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...