September 2, 2010

Book Review: Mockingjay

**For those of you who have not started or finished this book, don't worry I don't spoil anything.

Synopsis

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

Review
It has been a year since I read the last Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and once I started reading this book I was so lost. I couldn't remember what happened in the last book for the life of me, so I went on Wikipedia to read up on it. haha. But even after that there was a lot I still could not remember, so my advice to you folks who have not started Mockingjay, is to reread the other books first. I think I would have enjoyed this book more if I had done that before.

I felt the book was a little slow at first. It didn't start getting good until about page 150, but after that so much happened in such a little time it was hard to keep track. I found myself having to reread a lot because so much would happen in a matter of sentences, that if I wasn't paying attention I would get lost. With that being said, it was a bit violet and gory. I kept thinking to myself "If they ever make this into a movie it will have to be rated 'R'."

I love books that keep you guessing and catch you off guard. This book did just that with almost every chapter.

But most importantly it ended just as I thought it should. It was a not a perfect ending but it was the necessary ending.


And for those of you who have not started reading the Hunger Games series, GO OUT AND GET IT!

3 comments:

  1. I just read Hunger Games and am dying to read the second book. I'm obsessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought about the movie. I kept thinking "how are they going to do this?!" I heard they were thinking about casting Kirsten Stewart as Katniss. NOOOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to wait til I read it to read your review. I didn't think it was as good as the first two, but still a great book.I think I'm Team Gale though...I go back & forth, but when she ended up with Peeta I was hoping it would be Gale instead. haha! Anyways, looks like you're staying super busy and having tons of fun! If I ever come visit I will have to have a special fund for eating out....there are SOOOO many amazing places to try!! Love ya Linz!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...