April 28, 2011

Who says New Yorkers are rude?

On my way home from work I have been stopping my our local fruit stand to pick up a couple items to eat for the night (mangos being currently my favorite). It is nice because the fruit at the fruit stand is so much cheaper than in the stores and also the guy who works the fruit stand always picks out the best fruit for me (or so he says).

Today I stopped by again and picked out my mangos. When I went to pay for my fruit the fruit-stand-man complimented me on my new glasses. He was wearing glasses as well and said that he wondered if they would look good on him. I offered him to try on my glasses, taking them off simultaneously and handing them to him. He took them and then handed me his glasses to try on. Then, another customer lady, who was standing near by and wearing glasses, wanted to get in on the action and try on my glasses too.

So here we are, three total strangers standing at a fruit stand on a corner exchanging each others glasses to try on. After complimenting each other on how we each looked in each others glasses we went on our separate ways.

As this was happening it didn't seem funny or weird at all, just like we were old friends trying on glasses at a glasses store. However, when I was walking away I started laughing just at the pure randomness of it all.

And this is why I love New York.

1 comment:

  1. well of course now we need a pic of the glasses you were wearing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...