May 10, 2009

Random Weekend Update


Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?

Well, we found out the answer to that riddle, it is Ulysse S. Grant himself! That's right we went to the national largest tomb, which is literally right across the street from where we are currently living. General Grant National Memorial is the largest tomb in North America. It is great to live where there are so many National Monuments, it have really given us an appreciation for our country and the great men that have made it so.


This is the church you can see from our window in our room. It is really pretty inside and we plan on attending one Sunday. However, it was a bit confusing when we asked them what denomination it was. Our conversation went as follows:

Pat: What denomination is this?
Worker: Nothin'
Pat: Oh, so like Christian, non-denomination?
Worker: No. Nothin'. You come as you are.

We found that a bit odd as there were crucifixes, paintings of Christ, stained glass windows, of Christ, and sculptures of Christ all throughout the church. We wouldn't call ourselves detectives, but one may think it is a Christian Church.


This is our STOP! This is the Subway Stop we live off of. It is a different experience not having a car and only riding mass-transit. But it is fun and we don't miss our cars at all.


On Friday we went on a walk along the Hudson River, which is right across the street from us. It is an absolute gorgeous walk/park area. We almost forgot we were living in the city. However, it did make us miss nature and made us appreciate the nature in Utah that we took for granted.



The first two days we were here in New York it was sweltering hot 90 degree weather. However, ever since then it has been raining. It is weird weather here. It is cold, but you get hot and sweaty because it is so humid. Very odd.



There is a girl here named Meghan, she has gorgeous red hair. I am thinking about becoming a red head. A little darker than the picture, but what do you think? Should I? Or shouldn't I?


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog, and now you are linked in mine so I can stalk you all the time (as if we don't live together already!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Grant's tomb! This blog is FUN and EDUCATIONAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how I feel about your hair - I LOVE it dark!! But you are so gorgeous that I'm sure you would look great with red hair too. I love the story about trying to figure our the denomination of the church. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the church comment. Can you have some missionaries sent to my home to tell me a little more about this "come as you are" church? I might really like something like that in my life. A church that has no idea who they are and what they believe but they spend a ton of money in the building is something that I can have some faith in. JK. What is up with that? That is sad, that their are people out there who do belong to a church like that. They probably feel more lost after a mass than they did before. You guys are having a blast and I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...