November 1, 2011
Making up for lost time
A few weeks ago, our friends, Alyssa and Shane, visited New York. It is actually funny that we are friends because we went to the same church back in Provo and we tried so many times to hang out but it never actually happened! Over the years we have kept in touch through our blogs and so when we found out they were coming to NY we just HAD to finally hang out for the first time.
Alyssa and I have a mutual friend here in NY...the one and only Angie! It is such a small Mormon world. So when Alyssa came into town, we all met up at a restaurant down in Chelsea called Ovest Pizzoteca. I was so surprised how good the pizza was--is the best I have had in NYC so far. We had such a great time at dinner walking on the High Line, and finally meeting Montee. Alyssa and Shane are animal people so they of course wanted to meet him, and who was I to deprive them of such an awesome experience. ha.
It was so great to finally hang out with Alyssa and Shane. However, after the night I was really bummed that we didn't take advantage of the time when we actually lived near each other--I just know we would have been the best of friends! But Alas! At least blogging has brought us together again and technology allows us to be friends from afar.
Labels:
Friends,
I am Mormon,
NYC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That night was the highlight of my trip!! It is awesome that even though we have only hung out once I feel like we are such great friends. Montee truly is incredible!! We should probably never let Kita and him meet. I don't think they will have the same kind of bond we share...;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for such an awesome evening!
I'm glad you liked Ovest, because I felt bad choosing a place that made everyone trek all the way over to 10th Avenue. :) That was SUCH a fun night. I laughed so hard.
ReplyDelete