August 22, 2011

Brooklyn Flea


On Saturday we went to the Brooklyn Flea Market(s) with our good friends Nate and Ashley. I know I rave about these good friends all the time, but there is just not enough good things to say about them. They are always up for an adventure and we always have a great time with them no matter if we are going to NJ to buy their brand new 42" TV or going to the wrong flea market in Brooklyn and then forgetting where we parked the car.

Let me explain the latter.

There are two Brookyln Flea Markets, one in Greenpoint and the other in Williamsburg. The one in Greenpoint has a bunch of cool vintage items that I could just go berserk buying everything insight. The other one, in Williamsburg, has a schmorgesborg of food. Ashley had her heart set on the the schmorgesborg so when we arrived at the Williamsburg vintage flea market she was devastated and HUNGRY. 

Since they have a car it was no big deal, all we had to do was hop in and drive to the different location. Easier said than done. When we started heading back to the car we realized that no one remembered where we parked! Whoops. This situation has never happened to me before. In the past, when I had a car, the only times I lost it was when I parked in a parking garage, and even then you knew you would find it because there are only so many levels and only one parking garage. In this situations we didn't know east or west, or north or south. We had no idea! hahaha We had fun as we split up and did our detective work to find the car. Secretly I was having a competition and wanted to find the car first, but Nate and Ashley won. Hisssssss. 

Once we arrived at the Williamsburg Flee Market, Ashley was happy when she filled her belly with a delicious doughnut and chocolate covered frozen banana. I was happy as I filled my tummy with tacos and grilled corn on the cob with peach butter. Pat was happy as he filled his mouth with a meaty brisket. And Nate was happy as he munch on his grass fed miniature hamburger.

We then enjoyed sitting in the shade, listening to a live band play Spanish nursey rhymes, eating coco helado and trying to figure out what movies a "famous" actor, who was standing close by, was in. Still can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts!

 
 Was it a good day? Most definitely.

1 comment:

  1. The good ol' Brooklyn Flea! That corn looks delicious! Did you find any good stuff this year?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...